As we know Whats app has very broad users based on the beginning of the launch, A reason why Facebook purchased it! But As our website motto Is- Highlight mysterious Apps. So, Here get to know: Why Telegram better than WhatsApp.
Don’t think of it as a biased article, Since, we respect freedom of choice!. Get to know about both advantages and disadvantages of both sides.
What Telegram offers?
Telegram offers many interesting feature , a reason why Telegram better than WhatsApp. The app is highly customizable and comes with very user friendly interface.
The Telegram, a cloud-based communications software created by Russian businessmen and brothers Nikolai Durov and Pavel Durov.
And Telegram now flooded with Indian , So best for coders!!!
Though owners are Russian, the corporate listed in both the US and therefore the UK.
In March 2018, the messaging app reached 200 million monthly active users, offering encrypted secret chats also as other popular features like stickers, bots and therefore the ability to store messages within the cloud in order that they often accessed on any user’s device.
- Pure instant messaging — simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices. Over 400 million active users.
- FAST: Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe.
- SYNCED: You can access your messages from all your devices at once. Start typing on your phone and finish the message from your tablet or laptop. Never lose your data again.
- UNLIMITED: You can send media and files, without any limits on their type and size. Your entire chat history will require no disk space on your device and will be securely stored in the Telegram cloud for as long as you need it.
- SECURE: We made it our mission to provide the best security combined with ease of use. Everything on Telegram, including chats, groups, media, etc. is encrypted using a combination of 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption, and Diffie–Hellman secures key exchange.
- POWERFUL: You can create group chats for up to 200,000 members, share large videos, documents of any type (.DOCX, .MP3, .ZIP, etc.), and even set up bots for specific tasks. It’s the perfect tool for hosting online communities and coordinating teamwork.
- RELIABLE: Built to deliver your messages in the minimum bytes possible, Telegram is the most reliable messaging system ever made. It works even on the weakest mobile connections.
- FUN: Telegram has powerful photo and video editing tools and an open sticker/GIF platform to cater to all your expressive needs.
- SIMPLE: While providing an unprecedented array of features, we are taking great care to keep the interface clean. With its minimalist design, Telegram is lean and easy to use.
- FREE & NO ADS: Telegram is free and will always be free. We are not going to sell ads or introduce subscription fees.
- PRIVATE: We take your privacy seriously and will never give third parties access to your data.
For those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. Secret Chat messages programmed to self-destruct automatically from both participating devices.
This way you can send all types of disappearing content — messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use end-to-end encryption to ensure that a message can only read its intended recipient.
WhatsApp from Facebook:
On the other hand , Whatsapp owned by facebook is simple but very popular.
The Whatsapp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones.
Uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family.
Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
Why WhatsApp is famous?
There are plenty of reasons for this, one of the reasons, there marketing and they have got well-flooded customer support just after the launch and everyone knows, that it goes very hard to shift customers from one popular brand to another.
- NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.
- MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
- FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they’re in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes.
- GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
- WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser.
- NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
- SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone’s existing address book.
- ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether logged in or logged out.
- QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there’s no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
- OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
Is Telegram safer than WhatsApp?
So, most of the time the main concern of users is their privacy, chat security, and device protection from malicious software.
Here Whatsapp found as culprit since early cases people amazed that, on searching WhatsApp videos on google they got results of shared videos. That’s really horrible !!!. But later on, WhatsApp clarifies that and this problem no longer exists.
Nowadays as well people found themselves insecure using WhatsApp because of numerous cases in which chats have been leaked.
Most of the time its found that security agencies found looking for private chats for security concerns that may be good for many countries( mostly democratic) but in countries like China, Pakistan its very hectic for people dealing with this issue!
So, here some of the plus points issued by telegram over whatsapp. –
Unlimited server storage
The Telegram provides unlimited storage. Means all of your text messages, images media files & documents going to save on their cloud.
Sign off and log in any number of times from any number of devices simultaneously without losing any data, you don’t get to worry about backup & restore.
Can view the active sessions and see on which devices you logged in now. Thereby you’ll download any file any time anywhere.
Users can choose whether to compress the image and video or send the uncompressed version.
GROUP MEMBER LIMIT
A normal group capacity in Telegram is 200. But when this often reached the Group transforms into an excellent Group with a capacity of 5000. (A Super Group has some more features than a traditional Group)
You can communicate with anyone on telegram albeit you do not have the contact number of others. This ensures the privacy of the user’s contact number.
A channel is somewhat almost like groups, which may accommodate a vast number of members. The creator of the channel can decide who can post and other members can view the posts.
6 Multi-platform support
The Telegram is out there for Android, ios, windows phone, windows pc, Mac os, Linux os, and even through any browser.
Secret chat maybe a quiet end to finish encrypted chat during which one can set self-destruct timer. The messages going to automatically deleted when the timer hits. it’s possibly unable to hack in any way.
BOTS AND VOICE CALLS
A bit of program which predicated on AI and machine learning at a little level. It can perform various tasks. for instance, a picture bot can fetch images from the name.
There are multiple sorts of bots. Popular bots are Image bot, sticker bot, gif bot. The latest version of telegram supports voice calls.
SENDS ANY FILE
Users can send any quite file through Telegram. Whatsapp limits video, images & document type files. this is often not nice for advanced users.
Users on telegram can log in on multiple devices at an equivalent time and ready to receive messages on all devices.
They can remember their sessions on even browsers too. this is often a cool feature. Click here for 5 best python compiler apps
Telegram better than WhatsApp: Advantage of telegram?
you guys must be thinking that It’s okay that telegram have this much of features and highly customizable… But why I should use this ?? So here are some more points which help you make a sensible choice among telegram and WhatsApp.
- Telegram backups are on their servers. Considered safe by some. Not everyone.
- WhatsApp backs up your chats on local storage or on the cloud (Google Drive). this is often obviously not very secure.
- Telegram features a fingerprint lock/Pass lock/ 2-factor authentication.
- Telegram is owned by a private . an upscale dude who swears he won’t sell you out. Telegram has been banned in Russia, close to being banned in Iran, and has never bowed to any pressure to release user data.
- WhatsApp is owned by Facebook, embroiled scandals over selling user data to Cambridge Analytica. Facebook spies on you whether or not you employ the social media site.
- Telegram uses MProto encryption developed by Pavel Durov’s brother.
- WhatsApp uses Signal’s encryption which most security guys swear by. Neither has been cracked although MProto isn’t very respected
Telegram better than WhatsApp: Telegram popularity!
So, your next question must be ” why telegram is not popular?”
Answer to this comes so simple that these features mostly Unknown by many Android and Ios users and secondly not everyone wants that they have an app that should full-fledged with features.
Is telegram really that much of unpopular? NO!, telegram got high support from sensitive areas of the world where people are much concerned about there chatting privacy!
The messaging service of Telegram is popular because it offers a “Secret Chat” function encrypted with the proprietary MTProto Protocol of Telegram.
Secret chats not cloud-based, and may only access on the device used, unlike regular messages.
Encryption keys often shared when a hidden conversation started, in order that the messages received protected.
Messages in these hidden conversations may even remove at any moment, and after a particular date, they programmed to “self-destruct.”
Why telegram for sensitive areas?
Secret Chat:- Telegram’s “secret chat” feature allows having a conversation with end-to-end encryption among other security options.
Share different file types up to 1.5 GB: – there’s no match to Telegram’s file-sharing abilities. you’ll almost any file types including documents, zip, PDF, etc. on Telegram alongside the standard media files.
Also, you’ll send files up to 1.5 GB, unlike WhatsApp, where you’ll share files up to a meager 160 MB.
Multi-device access: – Telegram supports multi-device sessions, so you’ll start chatting on one device and continue it on another.
Supergroups and public channels:- Telegram includes Supergroups, which may delay to 1000 members alongside the cool public also as private channels.
Telegram Bots: – Telegram Bots basically Telegram accounts created to try certain tasks.
Stickers : – Unlike WhatsApp, Telegram supports stickers.
Lock chats and skill to cover last seen for particular contact: – the power to cover last seen in Telegram is extremely almost like WhatsApp’s implementation but there’s a touching twist.
Edit Messages and Mention People: – Telegram now allows you to edit sent messages. Simply press hold on a message sent and hit the “edit” icon to start out editing the text. The edited messages will have an edited banner on them.
Moreover, Telegram now allows to mention people in groups, so, get a notification if someone mentions you during a group albeit muted that group.
When it involves features, Telegram wins it by a small margin, because it brings some unique features that surely make a difference when it involves usability.
WhatsApp didn’t really have an excellent rep when it involves security but things have changed now, with the newest version of the app bringing end-to-end encryption.
click here to see our article on best Qr code scanner apps
Why Hong Kong’s Telegram in the spotlight?
According to User Annie, this week’s chat device was one among Hong Kong ‘s hottest devices within the wake of giant demonstrations within the city as many thousands protested against the planned extradition bill from Hong Kong with China.
Thousands of demonstrators rallied outside the city’s legislature and administrative offices on Wednesday .
Just to oppose the draft legislation, calling on Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-Ngor to completely shelve the initiative.
The protests forced lawmakers to delay a legislative debate on the bill which initially set to pass next Thursday. And then they proved that telegram better than Whatsapp.
Most of these demonstrators used the Telegram app to make groups, provide alerts, share information. And how and when to demonstrate, and order additional resources.
Many of the groupings included many thousands of participants.
However, Telegram told its users on the day of the demonstrations that it experienced a distributed denial of service ( DDoS) attack, where its servers overwhelmed with “garbage messages,” creating communication difficulties surely users.
much of the IP addresses conducting the attacks come “particularly from China.”
“IP addresses coming mostly from China. Historically, all state actor-sized DDoS (200-400 Gb/s of junk) we experienced coincided in time with protests in Hong Kong (coordinated on @telegram). This case was not an exception,”Chief executive Pavel Durov
summarizing in the best short way is what we have done. So consider this and make a sensible choice!!!
|End to end encrypted||End to end encrypted|
|Stores data during a custom, obfuscated format locally on your phone, without encryption that’s pretty mind-bending||Stores your data locally unencrypted apart from backups|
|Open-source||target for several exploits from NSO|
|more secure||simple and easy to use|
|highly customizable||You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser using whatsapp web|
|more privacy||SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS|
|Actually uses the right cleaning mechanisms for Sqlite|
|Stores data during a custom, obfuscated format locally on your phone|
IF YOU LIKE OUR ARTICLE .. DO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!
Click here to see our best-cultivated article on APPLE LOGO HISTORY